From DCU Guide
|Unofficial Action Comics Index|
|Associate editing||Paul Kaminski|
|Group editing||Eddie Berganza|
- Superman (last in ???; also in origin flashback)
- Lois Lane (last in ???)
- Jimmy Olsen (last in issue #965)
- Perry White (last in issue #973)
- Jonathan Kent (in flashback)
- Jor-El (in flashback)
- Kelex (also in flashback)
- Lara Lor-Van (in flashback)
- Lena Lang (in flashback)
- Lex Luthor (in flashback)
- Martha Kent (in flashback)
- Pete Ross (in flashback)
- Daily Planet Staff
- Kryptonians (in flashback)
- This story is continued in the next issue.
- Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED], Superman examines his entire history—the birth of Jon, the marriage of Lois and Clark, their lives at the Daily Planet—to discover who tried to destroy his life. Who is waiting in the shadows? Who is Mr. Oz? All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!
- Clark Kent finished writing a story for the Daily Planet, then returns home. He puts on his Superman costume and flies over to the Fortress of Solitude. Meanwhile, a mysterious figure helps repair Metallo while explaining how he can get his revenge on Superman. He tries to learn of his new past by watching videos from the Kryptonian Archive. He sees his parents just moments before Krypton explodes. The mysterious figure finds Blanque and convinces him to help destroy Superman. Superman watches how Jonathan and Martha Kent found him in a field. He remembers his childhood friends and his first time revealing his powers to Lana Lang. He hears a voice in the Fortress of Solitude, but Kelex reassures him by telling him that they are alone as Superman leaves.