|Unofficial Superboy Vol. 5 Index|
|Lettering||Carlos M. Mangual|
|Colors||Richard Horie, Tanya Horie|
- N.O.W.H.E.R.E. (last in Teen Titans Vol. 4 #1)
- Zaniel Templar (first appearance; head of N.O.W.H.E.R.E.; last in Teen Titans Vol. 4 #1)
- "Red" (first appearance; a doctor; first name revealed to be "Caitlin" in issue #2; assumed to be Caitlin Fairchild; appears in issue #2 in between pages 8 and 13)
- Rose Wilson (first appearance; Superboy's handler)
- David Umber (first appearance; an undercover employee at N.O.W.H.E.R.E.)
- Doctor Mike White (first appearance; dies)
- Teen Titans
- Mr. Helpworth (a person in a VR scenario)
- Mrs. Helpworth (a person in a VR scenario)
- Grown from a combination of Kryptonian and human DNA, the Clone was no more than a set of data to the scientists of Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E. But when the scope of his stunning powers was revealed, he became a deadly weapon! Now the question is: can a clone develop a conscience?
Superboy is contained in an observation tank at a N.O.W.H.E.R.E. facility, monitored by several scientists including Caitlin Fairchild/"Red" and Doctor Mike White. He realizes he has only been in existence for a few months, a creation of scientists cloned from human and Kryptonian DNA. Although Red shows empathy for the clone, the other scientists believe he has no brain activity, and elect to kill him with an infusion of cyanide. Superboy senses this, however, and uses his telekinesis to destroy a room in the laboratory, killing several scientists including White.
Superboy remains at the facility after the explosion, and is placed in a virtual reality program to explore his character and morality. He realizes he is in the program - a simulated high school situation in a small town in Kansas. This scenario was drawn from his Kryptonian DNA memories obtained from Superman, although the observers do not know the Kansas connection. Red is in charge of his observation following the explosion, and is assisted by Rose Wilson, a mercenary-type figure within the organization. One of the scientific observers, Doctor Umber, is secretly working with Lois Lane to expose the secrets of the facility.